Thursday, November 11, 2021

Mother and Father in Heaven






Within the first few chapters of the Book of Mormon, father Lehi, shares his experience of “seeing” into the spiritual realm. Lehi’s vision of "the Tree of Life” is well known among the many splintered versions of the Church of Christ. A church that was restored and organized by Joseph Smith, in the year 1830.

Nephi, pondered and prayed concerning the “tree which his father had seen” as Nephi was interested in learning the meaning contained within his father’s vision. While praying, Nephi is taken into the spiritual realm, where he sees and learns much. Nephi records some of his experience with the spirit and expounds upon his father’s vision in great detail. 

Some helpful examples are shared as Nephi asked in faithful prayer “to see” what his father, Lehi, “had seen”. Fortunately for readers of the Book of Mormon, Nephi asked for and received the same wonderful vision as his father. Glory to God!  During our personal discussions with Jesus, if we are asking similar questions, in faith, we may expect to receive similar results. 

* Lehi and Nephi should be considered true “Seers” as they were able to witness events including the birth of Christ, (that would take place, 600 years later).

Nephi explains… And it came to pass that the spirit said unto me, Look. And I looked and beheld a tree, and it was like unto the tree which my father had seen; and the beauty thereof was far beyond, yea, exceeding of all beauty, and the whiteness thereof did exceed the whiteness of the driven snow. And it came to pass after I had seen the tree, I said unto the spirit, I behold thou hast shewn unto me the tree which is most precious above all. And he said unto me, What desireth thou? And I said unto him, To know the interpretation thereof.  

And it came to pass that he said unto me, Look. And I looked as if to look upon him and I saw him not, for he had gone from before my presence. And it came to pass that I looked and beheld the great city Jerusalem, and also other cities. And I beheld the city of Nazareth, and in the city of Nazareth I beheld a virgin, and she was exceeding fair and white. And it came to pass that I saw the Heavens open, and an angel came down and stood before me; and he said unto me, Nephi, what beholdest thou? And I said unto him, A virgin most beautiful and fair above all other virgins.

And he said unto me, “knowest thou the condescension of God”? 

In other words, the spirit was asking, “Nephi, do you understand this? The Father of this Heaven and Earth is going to condescend His glorious position above. Jesus is going to come down from the Seventh Heaven and save this fallen creation, by sacrificing himself, a perfect, sinless offering, to satisfy the demands of justice. Jesus will attain to the resurrection and lift this fallen creation, including everyone who will follow Him, out of the darkness and into eternal life.”

Nephi did not yet understand that Jesus, the Father of this Heaven and Earth, the Great Jehovah, would be laying aside His Glory, and descending into our fallen creation, His mission to save our fallen Earth.  

Nephi responded with…  I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things. And he said unto me, Behold, the virgin whom thou seest is the Mother of the Son of God, after the manner of the flesh. 

And I looked and beheld the virgin again bearing a child in her arms. And the angel said unto me, Behold the Lamb of God, yea, even the Son of the Eternal Father. 

Knowest thou the meaning of the tree which thy father saw? And I answered him, saying, Yea, it is the love of God, which sheddeth itself abroad in the hearts of the children of men; wherefore, it is the most desirable above all things. And he spake unto me, saying, Yea, and the most joyous to the soul.

And after he had said these words, he said unto me, Look. And I looked, and I beheld the Son of God a going forth among the children of men; and I saw many fall down at His feet and worship Him. And it came to pass that I beheld that the rod of iron which my father had seen was the word of God, which led to the fountain of living waters, or to the tree of life, which waters are a representation of the love of God. And I also beheld that the tree of life was a representation of the love of God

* Important to notice - Nephi saw 
the “Tree of Life” standing above the “Fountain of Living Waters” and both of them representing the love of God. How does a beautiful tree and fountain of water represent the love of God? 

Jesus and Miryam rule and reign together, They are known as Elohim, God, The Great Spirit, (Mother and Father in Heaven).  Jesus is Jehovah, Father, Peace, Alpha and Omega, The Great I Am, The Messiah. *Jesus describes Himself in scripture as “the Fountain of Living Waters”.  

Mary from Magdalene was known by Jesus as “Miryam”.  She was called “Miryam the Migdalah, the Beloved Companion”.  She is “the Tree of Life” and is described by Jesus, as “Tower of Strength” in the Gospel of Miryam (Gospel of The Beloved Companion).  Some meanings behind the symbol of the “Tree of Life”:  Mother, Wisdom, Love, Peace, Strength, Purity, Desirable Fruit, Eternal Life, Worlds Without Number. 

Together, Jesus and Miryam are Father and Mother of our Heaven and Earth. They reign in the High Heavens. They receive and answer the prayers that we offer, when we communicate with the Heavens. 

After Nephi’s wonderful experience, he returns home and explains the important symbolism contained within the vision to his family.

Miryam, also known as Mother in Heaven, is the wife of Jesus. She is mentioned in earlier posts (January of 2021 and December of 2020).  The Fall of our Heaven and Earth is mentioned in July of 2020.

* From Jeremiah: For my people have committed two evils: they have forsaken me, the fountain of living waters, and hewed out cisterns for themselves, broken cisterns that can hold no water.

From John:  … Jesus answered her, "If you knew the gift of God, and who it is that is saying to you, 'Give me a drink,' you would have asked him, and he would have given you living water."



www.earnestmormon.com


No comments:

Post a Comment