Thursday, April 29, 2021

spiritual requirements

I've been enjoying the study of the full Joseph Smith History, which is available online at the following link:    

https://scriptures.info/scriptures/tc/jshistory

in part thirteen of the history, Oliver receives his own second comforter experience as he hears the voice of Jesus, "Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not.  Behold the wounds which pierced my side, and also the prints of the nails in my hands and feet."

in the same revelation, Oliver is instructed to "ask" that he may know the mysteries of God.  

In part fourteen, Joseph Knight and Hyrum Smith receive kind instruction directly from Jesus Christ, concerning how seekers of Zion should behave:

..Behold, I speak unto you and also to all those who have desires to bring forth and establish this work, and no one can assist in this work except he shall be humble, full of love, having faith, hope and charity, being temperate in all things whatsoever shall be entrusted to his care.

..And now verily, verily I say unto you, put your trust in that spirit which leads to do good, yea, to do justly, to walk humbly, to judge righteously; and this is my spirit.  Verily, verily I say unto you, I will impart unto you of my spirit which shall enlighten your mind, which shall fill your soul with joy, and then shall you know, or by this shall you know, all things whatsoever you desire of me which is pertaining unto things of righteousness, in faith, believing in me that you shall receive.

https://scriptures.info/scriptures/tc/jshistory/14


earnestmormon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment