Sunday, March 28, 2021

A Beautiful Moonrise at Sunset

327

Last night while hiking, I witnessed true beauty.  The full moon was slowly rising above mountains in the eastern sky while the sun was slowly setting above mountains in the western sky.

I was heading north across a ridge near twilight.  As I looked to the west, the sun was nearly setting.  The moon and the sun each occupied the same amount of space in the sky.  Each sphere also located the same distance above the horizon, one rising and the other setting.  The full moon was located to my right and the full sun was located to my left.  I stood in awe, between these two heavenly bodies, which represent our Mother and Father in Heaven.

https://scriptures.info/scriptures/tc/section/86

The earth rolls upon her wings, and the sun gives his light by day, and the moon gives her light by night, and the stars also give their light as they roll upon their wings, in their glory, in the midst of the power of God.

Unto what shall I liken these kingdoms that you may understand? Behold all these are kingdoms, and any man who has seen any or the least of these has seen God moving in his majesty and power. I say unto you he has seen him. Nevertheless, he who came unto his own was not comprehended. The light shines in darkness, and the darkness comprehends it not. Nevertheless, the day shall come when you shall comprehend even God, being quickened in him and by him. Then shall you know that you have seen me, that I am, and that I am the true light that is in you, and that you are in me; otherwise, you could not abound.

from the Book of Enoch: "Those who sleep not bless Thee, they stand before Thy glory and bless, praise, and extol, saying, Holy, Holy, Holy, is the Lord of Spirits.  Blessed be Thou and blessed be the name of the Lord forever and ever!"

earnestmormon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment